Fifth interview : Advertisement/PR


 Topic: Advertisement/PR

Interviewer; Yutaro

 Interviewee; My grandparents, Yoshiaki (88 years old) and Takako (83 years old) from Japan

At this time, I had an interview about advertisements. Comparing to America, our advertisement would be different. Still, there are some advertisements outside.

 I think American people like to make some ads on the wall, but people in Japan use poster as an PR tool. Also, painting wall is a bit hard in Japan. That is because most buildings are made of woods. 

I asked my grandparents what kinds of ads on the wall. They answered there are some posters about movie when they are young.

懐かしい昭和時代の映画ポスター展 - 東北の玄関 南会津 そこには感動が!いっぱい (goo.ne.jp)


When it comes to indoor poster, they do not have own room. They do not have freedom to put poster in the house. Also, they do not have such a habit to put poster inside the house.

Advertisement seems to affect a lot after they became older. There were some ads on newspapers in the past, but they have been colorful and more attractiveness for us. Comparing to the past days, they are able to buy it on the internet or with calling. My grandparents said;

"Ironically, the new advertisement changed our life because I wasted so much money. When I compared to the old ads, they are too attractive for me. I always feel like to try new technology."




















Comments