The second interview: Television/Cable/Serial Programming

Topic: Television/Cable/Serial Programming

Interviewer; Yutaro

 Interviewee; My grandparents, Yoshiaki (88 years old) and Takako (83 years old) from Japan


Hello, I am Yutaro from Japan. I did interview to my grandparents about Televison and found some differences from nowadays. So, I will share it today.

Through this interview, I asked them a first experience of television. That was so impressive for me. My grandfather told me;


Until they have their own TV

"At the temple in Japan, there is a big space for watching television. Around 30 or more people come to watch it and enjoy together. It was very fun as if it were a movie theater nowadays. "

This is the first Japanese style to watch television, but domestic TV had been spread because of the development of technology. Ironically, this helps people lifestyle change. My grandfather felt a bit sad because everyone in the temple watches one wrestling match and share happiness and anger and so on. That was fun for him, but that style of watching television was gone very quickly.

Then, when having own TV in Japan is more popular? There were 2 big causes people came to have it, Tokyo Olympic and the marriage of Japanese emperor. At that time, everyone wanted to see with live, so they had reached domestic TV which is smaller than TV in these days.


After having own TV

Watching TV was one of the most excited things for them after the working. My grandmother said;

"Before the domestic TV, only the time that I can see the screen is in a theater. I felt the movie theater came to my house, which is cool! TV is one of the important part of my daily life same as smartphone for young people nowadays."

When she mentioned to smartphone, I can easily imagine how excited it is for them. Also, I asked them what parts of TV has been changed from the past. Obviously, the size of the TV has been bigger, the screen has been colorful, and recording has been possible. Thanks to recording, they said we do not have adjust the time for watching TV, which is a big progress in that field. Also, they mentioned having a subtitle to all the programs automatically is very helpful for their generation because they have a problem to listen to the sounds.  


Nowadays

As you know, subscription like Netflix and Hulu is very common for young age. I asked them about it, but they answered they have never used that kind of stuff. Normally, they watch golf and travel programs via cable television. I found the difference from us through this interview.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifth interview : Advertisement/PR